To contribute to the development of a knowledgeable society through the implementation of a variety of courses, programmes and initiatives for participants of all ages.
- Customer Focused
- Quality Driven
- High Performance
- Team Work
- Cost Conscious
- Global Outlook
Facts About UTMSPACE
UTMSPACE Berhad (UTMSPACE) is a company limited by guarantee (CLBG) under the Malaysian Company Act 1985 and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM). It is responsible to market UTM academic programmes (with MQA accreditation) run by the School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPACE), one of the school in UTM. Being an approved HRDF training provider, UTMSPACE also offers executive and professional programmes as homegrown products or in collaboration with reputable partners from the industry.
UTMSPACE has the role to drive SPACE UTM operations using self-generated funds and does not rely on any financial assistance from UTM.
UTMSPACE is headed by a Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer appointed by the University and reports to the Deputy Vice Chancellor of Development (TNCP) UTM. He is assisted by four (4) Directors to manage their respective administrative portfolios.
All UTMSPACE business policies and models are governed by UTMSPACE Board of Directors, which is represented by the University’s Board of Directors and top level management team.
On 15 October 1992, the Ministry of Education Malaysia endorsed recommendation from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) to establish a School for Professional and Further Education. This School acts as a specialised centre for the implementation of lifelong learning programmes at the university level. This School was launched on July 1993, and known as the School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPACE). MORE
- UTMSPACE celebrates 25th anniversary
- UTMSPACE introduces UTM Foundation Programme, Bachelor of General Studies, and Bachelor of Business Administration
- UTMSPACE starts TNE collaboration with Qaiwan University (Kurdistan), NIBM (Sri Lanka), AVID College (Maldives), Malaysian Consortium for Education Mauritius (Mauritius)
- UTMSPACE Johor Bahru & Kuala Lumpur offices has moved to T05, UTM Skudai and Residensi UTM, Jalan Yahya Petra, Kuala Lumpur
- Began to offer UTM International Degree Programme (UTMIDP) on full- time basis
- PUPW Programme has been agreed by JPU of UTM.
UTMSPACE set up its own learning centres in Kuching, Sarawak.
- UTM mandated UTMSPACE to offer full-time diploma programmes.
- SPACE College was formally established in June 2014 being managed by UTMSPACE Services Sdn. Bhd (USSB).
- UTMSPACE celebrated it’s 20th anniversary.
- UTMSPACE Kuala Lumpur officially started operation at the 14-storey Bangunan UTMSPACE, Kuala Lumpur
- UTMSPACE was officially registered as a Limited Company by Guarantee wholly owned by UTM in February 2011. UTMSPACE set up its own learning centres in Pulau Pinang and Kota Bharu.
- UTMSPACE took over the management of UTM College of Science and Technology and the Joint Programme Management Unit
- SPACE UTM was rebranded as UTMSPACE.UTMSPACE participated in MOHE Edutourism International Programme
- SPACE UTM acquired a building at Taman Universiti, Skudai, equipped with comprehensive and sophisticated office facilities
- SPACE UTM exclusively handled the Part-Time Study Programme and Distance Learning Study Programme for Diploma and Bachelor’s degree level
- Became the secretariat of the Distance Learning Study Programme
- Began to manage UTM Joint Programmes
- Began to offer mainstream academic programmes on part-time basis.
- SPACE UTM set up a branch office at UTM City Campus, Kuala Lumpur
- SPACE UTM started operation at UTM main campus in Johor Bahru