UTMSPACE was also tasked to organise in-house trainings and professional development programmes in collaboration with UTM faculties and divisions.
Between 1993 and 1998, UTMSPACE offered:
• A preparatory certificate for real-estate agents with UTM Faculty of Geoinformation and Real Estate, and
• Five certification programmes with UTM Faculty of Management in Management, Arabic studies, Islamic studies, English skills in counselling services, and Teaching of English as a Second Language (TESL)
• Five short courses in
• Gas Chromatography
• Environmental Engineering for Non-Engineers
• In-Situ Assessment and Repair of Concrete Studies
• Bumiputera Contractors
• Traffic Survey and Analysis
The UTMSPACE line of short courses were well received by its stakeholders, with a total of 9 short courses organised for the police force, ACA, Ministry of Defence, KuiTTHO staff, Shell and Malaysian Shipyard and Engineering (MSE) consortium, and the public.
UTMSPACE also became the host for the inaugural conference on Engineering Education (CEE ’04), in conjunction with 100 years of engineering education at UTM.
Given the good response, UTMSPACE established the Professional Development Unit (Unit Pembangunan Profesional) in 2004, in order to meet the increased demand in short courses, professional certificates, workshops, seminars and conferences. It also launched a directory which featured over 250 short courses in collaboration with UTM faculties.