At UTMSPACE, We provide Lifelong Learning and will meet your demand.
At the start of its establishment in 1993, UTMSPACE was tasked to organise conferences on behalf of UTM faculties and divisions. The first two conferences that were organised by UTMSPACE were the Regional Conference in Geotechnical Engineering (Geotropika) 1994, together with six other agencies in Melaka, as well as the 5th Seminar on Integrated Engineering 1994, together with the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science and Vice Chancellor’s Council (JSPS-VCC).
UTMSPACE was also tasked to organise in-house training and professional development programmes in collaboration with UTM faculties and divisions.
Between 1993 and 1998, UTMSPACE offered:
- A preparatory certificate for real-estate agents with UTM Faculty of Geoinformation and Real Estate, and
- Five certification programmes with UTM Faculty of Management in Management, Arabic studies, Islamic studies, English skills in counselling services, and Teaching of English as a Second Language (TESL)
Five short courses in
- Gas Chromatography
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Engineers
- In-Situ Assessment and Repair of Concrete Studies
- Bumiputera Contractors
- Traffic Survey and Analysis
The UTMSPACE line of short courses was well received by its stakeholders, with a total of 9 short courses organised for the police force, ACA, Ministry of Defence, KuiTTHO staff, Shell and Malaysian Shipyard and Engineering (MSE) consortium, and the public.
UTMSPACE also became the host for the inaugural conference on Engineering Education (CEE ’04), in conjunction with 100 years of engineering education at UTM.
Given the good response, UTMSPACE established the Professional Development Unit (Unit Pembangunan Profesional) in 2004, to meet the increased demand for short courses, professional certificates, workshops, seminars, and conferences. It also launched a directory that featured over 250 short courses in collaboration with UTM faculties.